News & Media Coverage
Southern Living Magazine
Graham Averall, Octoberber 2012
- It was a year earlier that we received a voice message from a photographer at Southern Living
attempting to schedule his assignment to shoot a photo of our bocce ball court. The only problem was, we didn't have a bocce ball court (yet). However, as you can, we were able to create one by our deadline only to have to wait a full year to get credit on the pages of the magazine. It was well worth the wait.
- The Charlotte, NC suburban magazine features "one-tank trips" and highlights the Bryson City area in their summer 2012 issue. The article is a great summary of all there is to do in our area, and mentions Watershed Cabins as the "best bet for luxe log homes."(click image for full article 5MB pdf file)
More Fruit Please
Bethany, April 2012
- This clever blog by a Connecticut engineer focuses on nutrition and excercise, but chronicled a family trip to Watershed Cabins this spring. "The cabin was absolutely perfect!!" is a glimpse into this blogger's experience. Read more here
, and be sure read beyond just the Watershed Cabins section, as this is a very well-written and attractive blog with great recipes, photos, and more.
Mary Jo Plouf, Novemer 23, 2009
This seasoned travel writer chronicles her family's adventure to Watershed and surronding areas. Mary Jo sums it up well in one statement: "Are you beginning to get the picture? This was not roughing it by any stretch of the imagination, except that we had the feeling that we were completely alone in our private mountain retreat." Come back soon, Mary Jo.
Stephanie Hunt, September 2009
- "Just a 10-minute drive from the NOC hub, up a steep gravel road, we settled in one of the newly constructed Watershed Cabins to rest up before our next day's rafting excursion. Each of these 12 lovely log homes feels secluded, and ours, a spacious three-bedroom with a fabulous deck, had an expansive view of the Smokies. While we were expecting ruggedness on the river and on the trail, our base camp was a far cry from roughing it. My girls loved the upscale amenities - leather sofas, satellite TV, DVD players Wi-Fi, and, of course, an outdoor hot tub."
The Scottish Sun
The popular publication, although mostly known by Americans as a tabloid, is actually a well respected media source in the United Kingdom. They even have a very reputable travel section that sent a travel writer to NC. Watershed was happy to host and appreciates the exposure.
Angela Young, August 2009
A visit by a group of United Kingdom travel writers was hosted by Watershed. This resulted in some great exposure on the other side of the pond, as they say. Brilliant!
Jim Farber, August 4, 2009
- Renowned travel writer, Jim Farber, after his visit to Watershed, had this to say: "...our stay -- serenaded at night by a rambunctious chorus of chirping birds, croaking tree frogs, and buzzing cicadas -- was idyllic."
Lori Johnston, August 2009
was featured in the Atlanta paper on August 17, 2009, highlighting second homes in the Southeast.
Roads Less Traveled, May 2009
- "You've probably done the beaches of North Carolina a dozen times, so try a different kind of getaway this summer. Head west to the Smoky Mountains near Bryson City and book a beautifully laid-out luxury log cabin for two - or as many as sixteen - with such amenities as en suite bathrooms, multilevel decks, hot tubs, fully equipped kitchens and satellite television. If you'd like to submerge youself in the sounds of nature, there's fishing, biking or horseback riding nearby."
This oh-so-popular-with-the-hip-crowd site provides daily emails to subscribers featuring reviewed products and destinations. Watershed was featured in their blast on July 7, 2009.
June 3, 2009
- The Star Tribune out of Minneapolis-St. Paul featured "gateway cities" which are destinations that border US National Parks. Bryson City is a gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and this article directs you to "Discover charming, value-packed rooms on the doorstep of the parks you'll want to visit this summer." Watershed's "Time Flies
" cabin was the highlight of the photo gallery.
Create Everlasting Memories at Watershed Cabins in North Carolina
"From the Interstates to the backroads throughout Texas to D.C., travel along at Southern Byways to discover new places to visit" -- this tag line says it all about this popular blog. Watershed was featured in an article released May 20, 2009.
Watershed was featured in the May 28, 2009 issue of OutTravelerG.P.S. in an article by Olga Bas. A live link will be active soon, but an excerpt of the article described this: "If you can pry yourself out of the hot tub, outdoor activities abound -- horseback riding, whitewater rafting on the Nantahala River, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, and fly fishing for trout."
Sirius Satellite Radio
Tim recorded and interview with Sirius Radio's "Travel Guy", Dan Schlossberg. Dan and his wife visited the Smokies, stayed in the Moonstruck cabin
, and enjoyed some of the area attractions.
The interview can be heard on Sirius and XM radio as the fourth segment of a show headlined by Chris Rock (thus, it's in the last 10-15 minutes of the show) at these air times:
- Saturday May 9, 2009 - 5p XM163
- Saturday May 9, 2009 - 6p XM169
- Sunday May 10, 2009 - 11p XM169
- Monday May 11, 2009 - 4a XM169
- Monday May 11, 2009 - 7p Sirius117
MP3 of the interview will be uploaded when available.